This month’s Second Tuesday is around the corner – yes, it’s next week so call your friends! I thought it would be interesting to have a theme for each month’s Second Tuesday. This month, it’s PIZZA! However, this is not just any pizza….it’s Potluck Pizza!
Did you know you can order pizza dough from Fresh Direct or pick it up from you local pizza shop? And yes, sometimes they carry whole wheat dough. It’s easy, fun and much healthier than those greasy pizza joints that use low-quality ingredients. How do you do it? Follow these steps:
- If the dough is frozen, put it in your fridge overnight to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put some flour on your counter top and roll out the pizza dough. (I can’t ever get mine into a perfect circle, but who cares!?)
- Place the dough on a cookie sheet, and spoon sauce onto it and leave about a 3/4 inch edge for your crust.
- Note: If you add too much sauce, the center of your dough does not cook as well. Also it is difficult to hold as the pizza droops.
- Add your toppings. Suggestions are fresh mozzarella, peppers, onions, sausage, pepperoni, basil, arugula.
- Note: If you are adding fresh basil or arugula, wait until after the pizza has cooked to add it.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven once the crust starts to brown.
- Voila! Fresh, homemade pizza!
Enjoy February’s Second Tuesday. I will be sure to report back, and I hope you do, too!