2 Chicks with Chocolate was created by Elyissia Wassung’s mom (Chick 2) after a disabling car accident left her unable to commute to work. Elyissia (Chick 1) helped out by going door-to-door in her Queens, NY neighborhood selling the chocolate, and they quickly had a following and a need to move to a bigger space in New Jersey. Later, she decided to get even more serious about chocolate and left her corporate job to join her mom in what has now become the chocolate brand.
Early on the the business, Elyissia and her mom knew their chocolate was good, but they wanted to take it to the next level. As Elyissia put it in a recent interview, they were in search of “something bigger than themselves.” This chocolate-making duo was not going to play small either. They went straight to Chocolatier Magazine to ask for chocolatier recommendations. After some persistence, they found Patrick Coston, a judge on the Food Network Challenge. Elyissia commented on how happy they are to have Patrick on their team; he is amazing to work with and quite humble.
Not only does the product taste amazing, but they also offer an incredible variety. Some of this variety is based on what they create and package such as Jelly Bean Bark, Spring Chicken, Oreo Bark, and Spice Tiles. The variety can also be based on what you want! You can either create a custom box of chocolates, or you can create your own chocolate simply by going on their website and picking the type of chocolate you want and what you want in it! Can you imagine a dark chocolate with Oreos, pretzels, and nuts? You don’t have to imagine it because they will make it – just for you.
They offer chocolate through e-commerce, at their factory, and currently work with companies like BMW, W Hotel, Morgan Stanley, and Caesar’s Palace through corporate gifting and other programs. I asked Elyissia about upcoming news, events, and specifically how one can access 2 Chicks with Chocolate.
- New website launching after Easter.
- A retail store will be opening up soon. Details are top secret, but be on the lookout this Summer!
- They will be at the Sweets and Snacks Expo in Chicago this May.
- Getting Married? They can do a bridal tasting!
- Mother’s Day: “Twofer” for $49.95. Take you and your mom to their South River, NJ location.
- Classes: Check out their website for upcoming classes, including Cocoa 101.
- Order online at http://www.2chickswithchocolate.com.
- Visit their factory in South River, NJ.